Parliamentary Candidate for Heywood & Middleton Constituency
I’m Chris Clarkson and I’m delighted to be standing once again as your Conservative candidate for the Heywood & Middleton constituency.
In 2017 I stood to be your MP on a promise to deliver Brexit and move on to investing in our Police, hospitals and schools.
Since then, Labour’s MP has worked to block Brexit at every turn, ignoring what over 60% of people locally voted for and pushing instead for a divisive second referendum.
If I’m fortunate enough to be your MP on December 13th, I promise to do the following:
1. Get Brexit Done. People are fed up of politicians playing games.
2. Tackle crime and anti-social behaviour by pushing for more police with greater powers.
3. Work to deliver good-quality affordable homes locally, built on brownfield first.
4. Bring jobs and investment to our towns so that people don’t have to move to get a job.
5. Improve transport links by working with TfGM so that public transport is efficient and affordable.
6. Boost local schools by voting for £14billion extra funding so that our kids get the best possible start.
7. Work with veterans and the new Veterans’ Minister to make sure those who have served this country get the support and protection they have earned.
For the first time ever, major polls predict that Heywood & Middleton could elect a Conservative MP and if that’s me, I promise to deliver what you voted for in 2016 and then work tirelessly to make sure our communities get what they need to get on and get ahead.